Hello There, Guest! Not a member yet? Need to register?  

How big can planets get?

Question 

I've seen the video demos on going in and out of planets, so I'm now wondering how big the said planets can be considering the implementation of procedural generation. I'd assume they vary in size based on certain presets, but I suppose it's no harm to ask.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.

(2017-12-13, 08:33)Nick Wrote: I've seen the video demos on going in and out of planets, so I'm now wondering how big the said planets can be considering the implementation of procedural generation. I'd assume they vary in size based on certain presets, but I suppose it's no harm to ask.

This answer is in the FAQ : 
There are celestial bodies of all realistic sizes. 
From small asteroids less than one kilometer of diameter, to giant planets twice the size of earth, up to stars thousands of times the size of our sun... 

In the videos you see, the planet is actually a moon 90% the size of earth, orbiting a gas giant twice the size of Jupiter. 

Galaxy4D's terrain engine supports rocky planets at least twice the size of earth, but possibly more (just not tested with bigger yet).
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier, 
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D

(2017-12-13, 12:46)ZOlivier Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 08:33)Nick Wrote: I've seen the video demos on going in and out of planets, so I'm now wondering how big the said planets can be considering the implementation of procedural generation. I'd assume they vary in size based on certain presets, but I suppose it's no harm to ask.

This answer is in the FAQ : 
There are celestial bodies of all realistic sizes. 
From small asteroids less than one kilometer of diameter, to giant planets twice the size of earth, up to stars thousands of times the size of our sun... 

In the videos you see, the planet is actually a moon 90% the size of earth, orbiting a gas giant twice the size of Jupiter. 

Galaxy4D's terrain engine supports rocky planets at least twice the size of earth, but possibly more (just not tested with bigger yet).

Nice to know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.