Hello There, Guest! Not a member yet? Need to register?  

What are everyone's thoughts on other games similar to Galaxy4D?

Question 

I'm sure everyone has heard of games like No Man's Sky and Dual Universe and other games but what are your thoughts on them? Personally, I love No Man's Sky, despite the hate everyone gave it. I've racked 60 hours on it, and just love the game. Dual Universe, a game that has not been released yet, is a game like Galaxy4D, albeit a lot less realistic. It's more out there, and doesn't have the physics G4D has. I'm quite excited for that game. Also, what about Star Citizen? It's a quite different approach than these two games, as it strives for realism. But how does that realism compare to Galaxy4D? Leave your thoughts below. Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.

I enjoyed MMS but I got burned out after 100hrs, I tried Elite Dangerous but got bored after 20 hours. I am excited for G4D but am a little wary of the promises given for G4D. I will have to give this time and see.

if it can do what orbiter space flight sim does as far as physics and combine the spaceship/space station/IVA\on-orbit stuff that kerbal space program does and in multiplayer environment ill be happy. If i can take a space shuttle up to LEO to dock with the iss or release hubble telescope with realistic moddable cockpits and mfd screens thats what i want to do.

(2018-04-22, 22:31)RedneckKSP Wrote: if it can do what orbiter space flight sim does as far as physics and combine the spaceship/space station/IVA\on-orbit stuff that kerbal space program does and in multiplayer environment ill be happy. If i can take a space shuttle up to LEO to dock with the iss or release hubble telescope with realistic moddable cockpits and mfd screens thats what i want to do.

Each game has it's own gameplay, philosophy and community of players. 

KSP and Orbiter are games where you use current technologies and Time Warp to travel within a solar system similar to ours. 

Galaxy4D is a game where players build their own crafts with extreme complexity using today's AND some theoretical technologies, in a multiplayer environment with realistic space physics and no velocity limit, within a full scale Galaxy, without a Time Warp feature. 
It is NOT a game where you will simply hit Play and fly a Space Shuttle mission to the ISS like you would in Orbiter, nor build a craft in 10 minutes to fly to the moon like you would in KSP. 

Building a space craft capable of interplanetary travel in Galaxy4D can take many hours or even days or weeks, depending on its complexity.

Also, Galaxy4D does not include our solar system, tho a similar one could be found.

Although you will be able to design and build crafts similar to NASA's, the game will not include them nor will it include any complete crafts. 

In the future, mods can be made to include some existing crafts and missions but will require for the server and all clients to have them as well. 

However, since it's a fully persistent multiplayer universe where everyone can build anything, we should not be surprised to see lots of player-built designs of any known spacecraft from Nasa or from our favorite sci-fy series, and they might share them ! 

There will be a forum for jobs and challenges for players to build specific things in the game. 

I am certain we will see posts like : 
Quote:Hey guys I have built the Millennium Falcon, come at this location for a test ride, departure at 0900 in the morning, and I will share the blueprints !
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier, 
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D