Hello There, Guest! Not a member yet? Need to register?  

Where did the May 1st announcement go?

Question 

I remember seeing a May 1st announcement on the Trello, what happened?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.

It was supposed to be a short video containing the revised storyline for Galaxy4D, basically the explanation of how players will spawn on certain planets and why they are there in the first place.
This kind of non-gameplay content takes a lot of time to conceive, does not help our work on the actual game, and is not needed for the upcoming Techdemo, hence it is move back to sometime between the techdemo and the alpha releases.

I apologies about that, there is a precise balance we need to carefully keep between hype and actual work done on the game, and I am still figuring it out.
We are hoping that the released game will be a lot better than what it feels like during the hype phase, not the other way around !
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier, 
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D

(2018-05-03, 14:15)ZOlivier Wrote: It was supposed to be a short video containing the revised storyline for Galaxy4D, basically the explanation of how players will spawn on certain planets and why they are there in the first place.
This kind of non-gameplay content takes a lot of time to conceive, does not help our work on the actual game, and is not needed for the upcoming Techdemo, hence it is move back to sometime between the techdemo and the alpha releases.

I apologies about that, there is a precise balance we need to carefully keep between hype and actual work done on the game, and I am still figuring it out.
We are hoping that the released game will be a lot better than what it feels like during the hype phase, not the other way around !

Ah, I completely understand. I agree, by the way. It is indeed better to work on the game rather than a video about the story. Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.