Hello There, Guest! Not a member yet? Need to register?  

Will people who participate in the demo be able to record and upload footage of it?

Question 

Some games have Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA), which makes players unable to show footage of the game. Will Galaxy4D have a similar system? Personally, I would like to post footage of the tech demo, merely to show potential viewers what the game is. I just want to be sure I am allowed to, so I don't get into any possible legal trouble.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.

(2018-05-25, 13:33)Nick Wrote: Some games have Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA), which makes players unable to show footage of the game. Will Galaxy4D have a similar system? Personally, I would like to post footage of the tech demo, merely to show potential viewers what the game is. I just want to be sure I am allowed to, so I don't get into any possible legal trouble.

Very thoughtful of you to ask first Smile

I will not give anyone any legal trouble, so if you want to post something, since the game is in a very early stage, I will only ask you to respect the game. 

In other words, I personally give you the permission to record or stream the Techdemo, given the fact that your computer can handle it at a somewhat high quality setting with high framerate so that it can give a good impression of the game, and that you play in a fair and respectful manner. 

For graphics settings, if you have a GTX 1070 or better (or 980+), and an i7 CPU, there should be no issue. 

The game will get more optimized as time goes (Actually working on graphics optimisations today).
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier, 
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D

(2018-05-26, 13:04)ZOlivier Wrote:
(2018-05-25, 13:33)Nick Wrote: Some games have Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA), which makes players unable to show footage of the game. Will Galaxy4D have a similar system? Personally, I would like to post footage of the tech demo, merely to show potential viewers what the game is. I just want to be sure I am allowed to, so I don't get into any possible legal trouble.

Very thoughtful of you to ask first Smile

I will not give anyone any legal trouble, so if you want to post something, since the game is in a very early stage, I will only ask you to respect the game. 

In other words, I personally give you the permission to record or stream the Techdemo, given the fact that your computer can handle it at a somewhat high quality setting with high framerate so that it can give a good impression of the game, and that you play in a fair and respectful manner. 

For graphics settings, if you have a GTX 1070 or better (or 980+), and an i7 CPU, there should be no issue. 

The game will get more optimized as time goes (Actually working on graphics optimisations today).

Alright, thank you very much! I'll be sure to make a video in good light of the game, as I indeed do respect you, and your ambitious project. As for my computational power, I have a GTX 960 and an AMD FX-8350 along with 24 gigabytes of ram. Is it possible that could suffice, or would I have to upgrade? I have a possible job opportunity so in a few months I may be able to build a pc with better specs. Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.