Hello There, Guest! Not a member yet? Need to register?  

New videos + interview

Hi, we have just published new videos on Youtube ! 

Here is an interview with CobraTV : 

Flying off from ground to space using the "space drone" : 

Here is 20 minutes of gameplay for testing the character physics : 

For those who want to skip directly to the action : 
Day-night cycle timelapse : 3:08
Flying from one mountain to another : 10:25
Sliding down the mountain and jumping off cliffs : 14:08
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier, 
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D

Very impressive. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this game. Could be something special. Im getting a KSP but in 1st person vibe! So cool looking.

(2017-11-16, 17:21)PutThatCookieDown Wrote: Very impressive. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this game. Could be something special. Im getting a KSP but in 1st person vibe! So cool looking.

Yes, first person, multiplayer, full scale, and more complexity Smile
ZOlivier, 

i like that it looks realistic so i will be checking it out often! looks great, we wanna see more... definetly the space and how it works

Wow, reminds me of Dual Universe! I can't wait for this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't choose this life. It was handed to me by the Universe.

i'll refund my star citizen pledge soon and ill throw that money in your build it is so much more than i had ever wanted of a game , Its Awesome.... no flafla, ship sell and crap like that and realistic physic ill be your supporter till the end Smile

so will this be anything like orbiter space sim? I want to fly historical apollo/shuttle type missions as well a near future missions such as spacex and mars missions. Will you allow modding? Will there be a IVA (inner vehicular activities walk around inside spacecraft/change positions etc) The one thing we dont have is a game that has accurate newtonian physics with collision detection (colliders) and the freedom to mod the game all in one game. They either have great eye candy with not a whole lot of content or like KSP you have all that with crappy physics model.

(2018-04-09, 22:53)RedneckKSP Wrote: so will this be anything like orbiter space sim? I want to fly historical apollo/shuttle type missions as well a near future missions such as spacex and mars missions. Will you allow modding? Will there be a IVA (inner vehicular activities walk around inside spacecraft/change positions etc) The one thing we dont have is a game that has accurate newtonian physics with collision detection (colliders) and the freedom to mod the game all in one game. They either have great eye candy with not a whole lot of content or like KSP you have all that with crappy physics model.

Hi, 
Galaxy4D has real newtonian physics + General Relativity without time dilation. 

There will be no pre-made vehicles, only a few machines to build parts that players can use to build any kind of vehicle or station. 

Players have to build their own spacecrafts with their own techlonogy, 
which means that if you want to build the SpaceX's BFR or the Saturn 5 with all its stages and the lander, you absolutely can !

A big team of people would be able to work together to build something huge, like the death star. 

You can walk around inside the ships you build in first person, just like you would in real life. 

The construction system is not a design tool, rather it is an immersive first person experience where you grab a part, put it somewhere and weld it. 
It means that you will walk around and inside your spacecraft while you build it, and for maintenance while your friend flies it. 

You also have to pass all the wires for your electrical system which you will design yourself. 

You can install on-board computers that are programmable via code (using our proprietary language which you can start learning now here). 

Modding will be supported after the Alpha version (could be Beta or Final) for Solo and Multiplayer mode, but not for the official MMO servers. 
Modding will be done via C# code.

Hope this answers all your questions Smile  
You can check the FAQ forum for more answers, or just ask.
ZOlivier, 

Now see thats what im talking about. This sounds like the game/sim i have been waiting for for many many years. So i hope im not being rude for asking but how close are you to releasing something to the public? I will be telling all my friends about this one. Is it just you developing this? Do you have anyone else helping you?

(2018-04-10, 10:21)RedneckKSP Wrote: Now see thats what im talking about. This sounds like the game/sim i have been waiting for for many many years. So i hope im not being rude for asking but how close are you to releasing something to the public? I will be telling all my friends about this one. Is it just you developing this? Do you have anyone else helping you?

First Alpha release is due by the end of this summer !

I am the only dev for now and have been working on this project for more than 7 years. 

The development was done in reverse of most other similar projects. 
Basically I worked out all the technical difficulties first and only then I published this forum and now working on the easier stuff like visuals and gameplay. 
Usually, other projects will start with as much visual content as possible to impress people, but will encounter all sorts of technical difficulties that will either delay the release or completely kill the project. 
This will not happen with Galaxy4D since that all of the technical issues of creating a complex space sim are already solved. 

That  includes but not limited to : 
* Full size procedural galaxy (~ 100,000 light-years across) which is all accessible
* ~ 100 billion stars and trillions of full-scale procedurally generated planets you can walk on
* No loading screens, all seamless and realtime transitions between ground and space
* No limits of where you can go and HOW FAST you can go (first of any multiplayer space sim)
* Moons and planets orbiting and rotating in real time
* Fully simulated gravity and orbits for all objects in the game
* All these specs are all working within a true interactive Multiplayer environment

You may want to take a look at our public Roadmap : https://trello.com/b/2BPytpD9/galaxy4d-roadmap
ZOlivier, 

(This post was last modified: 2018-04-11, 00:25 by RedneckKSP.)

(2018-04-10, 14:32)ZOlivier Wrote:
(2018-04-10, 10:21)RedneckKSP Wrote: Now see thats what im talking about. This sounds like the game/sim i have been waiting for for many many years. So i hope im not being rude for asking but how close are you to releasing something to the public? I will be telling all my friends about this one. Is it just you developing this? Do you have anyone else helping you?

First Alpha release is due by the end of this summer !

I am the only dev for now and have been working on this project for more than 7 years. 

The development was done in reverse of most other similar projects. 
Basically I worked out all the technical difficulties first and only then I published this forum and now working on the easier stuff like visuals and gameplay. 
Usually, other projects will start with as much visual content as possible to impress people, but will encounter all sorts of technical difficulties that will either delay the release or completely kill the project. 
This will not happen with Galaxy4D since that all of the technical issues of creating a complex space sim are already solved. 

That  includes but not limited to : 
* Full size procedural galaxy (~ 100,000 light-years across) which is all accessible
* ~ 100 billion stars and trillions of full-scale procedurally generated planets you can walk on
* No loading screens, all seamless and realtime transitions between ground and space
* No limits of where you can go and HOW FAST you can go (first of any multiplayer space sim)
* Moons and planets orbiting and rotating in real time
* Fully simulated gravity and orbits for all objects in the game
* All these specs are all working within a true interactive Multiplayer environment

You may want to take a look at our public Roadmap : https://trello.com/b/2BPytpD9/galaxy4d-roadmap

i watched every single second of that developer interview and i am glad i did! Absolutely outstanding! :thumbsup: cant wait to see more of in-game footage. In the meantime i have some XenonCode i need to learn for those custom cockpit MFD panels to project onto my wireless tablet(s)  Tongue i have posted about this simulator in orbiter forums and Kerbal space program forums as well as KSP multiplayer discord channel. I hope the word gets out

(This post was last modified: 2018-04-14, 14:37 by Terwin.)

I noticed that your 'space drone' seemed to be going straight up at a fairly consistent speed after hovering for a bit.
It also did not make any effort to achieve orbit.

Should we expect modern rocket science, or futuristic science fiction when it comes to interplanetary and inter-solar transit?

You mentioned billions of stars and trillions of planets, is it fair to assume that transit times will not have the multi-millennia duration one would expect using real-world reaction-based propulsion?

Will chemical or nuclear-thermal rockets even be a viable means of interplanetary transit in this game?

(the game looks really cool, but I want to set my expectations correctly for 'real rocket science' vs 'science fiction')

(2018-04-14, 14:33)Terwin Wrote: I noticed that your 'space drone' seemed to be going straight up at a fairly consistent speed after hovering for a bit.
It also did not make any effort to achieve orbit.

Should we expect modern rocket science, or futuristic science fiction when it comes to interplanetary and inter-solar transit?

You mentioned billions of stars and trillions of planets, is it fair to assume that transit times will not have the multi-millennia duration one would expect using real-world reaction-based propulsion?

Will chemical or nuclear-thermal rockets even be a viable means of interplanetary transit in this game?

(the game looks really cool, but I want to set my expectations correctly for 'real rocket science' vs 'science fiction')

The drone is just a God-mode for testing and recording videos showcasing graphics. 
However, that drone was still subject to atmospheric friction. 
The climb was actually accelerating as the atmosphere got thinner. 
Its just that it's so powerful that it doesn't require much effort.. still, it might not be included in the game, it's just for me Big Grin 

As for the technology, players will have to build their own machinery based on real science and theoretical physics. 
That includes both propulsion-based rocket science AND warp drive mechanics. 
There will be no Time Warp in this game, hence no choice but to have something else, like a warp drive.

In other words, the game uses Real rocket science, with a touch of science fiction based on published scientific papers. 

Players will need to understand those so that they can build their warp drive. They literally have to design their own technology, the game only permits the physics behind it !

A deep explanation for Why no Time Warp here : 
https://galaxy4d.com/showthread.php?tid=27#post_176

You can also check the FAQ  here  for more answers, and you can just ask if you want more details Wink
ZOlivier,